Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday

An endless night, a jeep and country road;
he taught me to love driving with no windows
as the cool air of summer’s dusk twirled my hair
he held my hand and smiled.

Out here the fireflies light up the darkness
underneath an endless night sky.
They form their own constellations to follow
and their light guided us home
where we laid in each others awe
and the universe settled my fears
to let go into the abyss of his
painted body; a palette of colors
slender and firm, with the strongest arms
that wrapped around me and kept me safe.

If only for that night and never again
sometimes life gives you little gifts
and even if they last one day
they remind you of the beauty
still left to be found in the world
as if the universe gave you a road sign
that this is where you’re supposed to be
at least for tonight driving in a jeep
on a country road to anywhere.

No comments: